Sunday, September 20, 2009

The NEXT few days in Orlando

Wednesday, Sept. 16--First Night of rehearsal! AMAZING...I was blown away. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share details, but i'll just say that the houses and scarezones are brilliant and terrifying. 

Thursday, Sept. 17--Audition for Disney Character/Puppeteer...the audition was pretty much the same as in March, with a few changes such as a different puppet trainer, and therefore different song to lip sync to. Once again, they spent a lot of time focused on my "puppet", and it was nice that this time the puppeteer audition only had 5 of us in it. Then the casting director asked to see my profile, and after that she took me outside of the room to take some pictures. That's about all I can say :-)

Friday, Sept. 18--I went into Universal Islands of Adventure to try out the water rides, most notably Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. I wore my swimsuit, and only brought in my car key, ID, and debit card, prepared to get soaked. I didn't get into the park until after 2 o'clock, and with the park closing at six, I wasn't expecting to get on a lot. I was amazed by the short lines, so went on a lot of other rides too, as follows:

5 min wait for Hulk front row
Walk on for Hulk last row
Walk on for Hulk middle row somewhere
5 min wait for Spiderman, in a car full of Asians, except me. It was hilarious.
2 cycles on Bluto's Barges, they just let us stay on, it was awesome. 
3 walk on rides of Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls, twice in the back, once in the middle, hoping to get the front, but didn't happen. Each time I was with a different type of internationals. Once some sort of europeans...then once asians, and once it was venezuelans. Back in March it was Germans...do Americans ride this ride?
1 walk on ride of Jurassic Park River Adventure, 2nd row. barely got wet. LAME.
1 walk on ride of Dueling Dragons ICE
5 min wait for Dueling Dragons FIRE
1 walk on ride of HULK, somewhere in the middle
1 ride on Spiderman without 3D glasses (gave mine up to a father who gave his to his son...he had never been on the ride before so I figured he'd enjoy it, plus, i wanted to look around during the ride, and this helped. The guy loved the ride, and his son surprisingly did too..he just barely made it on with the height requirement. 
Saw the heroes in the streets on my way out, and then decided to head out, and it was about 5:30 surprisingly, still time to spare!

Saturday, August 19--Spent the day at home relaxing, not doing much...

Today: Off to Studios before rehearsal tonight at 7...

No comments:

Post a Comment