Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thursday, March 12 at Universal

9:35a-Left house
10:00a-Arrived
10:07a-Parked, realized i forgot my camera (UGH) and forgot the ticket in the car when i was halfway to the park, so had to go back to the car and walk all the way back (UGH) this morning wasn't going right, plus I started to realize how much work I have once I get back to school.
10:37a-In Islands of Adventure
10:47a-Dueling Dragons (10min estimated wait) Fire, 1st row. I didn't wait in the line for 1st row, i waited in the line for "all other rows", and then worked my way up to the 2nd row, the least busy line, where I waited for a group of three to get into the first row, then I threw myself through the gates and into the first row. I was proud of my technique, which worked the next time on Ice as well.
11:03a-OFF DD, back on for Ice. Had to wait for them to add another set of trains, and of course it wasn't until I was the next train to be boarded.
11:43a-OFF DD
11:54a-The Incredible Hulk (25min estimated wait)
12:19p-OFF, and met Spiderman!
12:34p-The Adventures of Spiderman ride (25min estimated wait) By far one of my favorite rides in Orlando. So cool.
12:56p-OFF Spiderman
1:00p-Sinbad Stunt show-Some cool effects
1:24p-OUT SSS
1:27p-Poseidon's Fury (20min estimated wait) LAME new show, I don't like the order of events...and I want the water vortex back.
1:56p-OFF PF
Ate lunch at Fire Eaters Grill...Stay tuned for the picture of the burger...wow...scarce toppings!
2:20p-Cat in the Hat (5min estimated wait) Still no good, but at least the fat ladies I was literally wedged into the "couch" with were entertaining enough
2:28p-OFF CITH
2:32p-Dr. Doom's Fearfall (15min estimated wait) Compared to Scream at SFNE, it's pathetic, really short towers, but the theming is cool. And the girls on my side of the car were hilarious.
3:00p-Saw Captain America, Wolverine, Storm, some other girl, and Spiderman arrive on their ATVs. THEY get ATVs...
3:02p-Adventures of Spiderman (10min estimated wait)
3:11p-OFF Spiderman
3:18p-Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (40 min estimated wait), but I was hot! I waited in line with 4 Germans, 3 guys and 1 girl...I ended up getting in the boat with them. They took the back 4 seats, which put me right in the front. They all got pretty wet. But I got SOAKED. I did not dress accordingly.
3:57p-OFF Ripsaw Falls
4:05p-Dueling Dragons, Ice (10min estimated wait) Just my luck, they had technical difficulties and had to put back 2 of the trains again...
4:32p-OFF DD
5:06p-Seuss Trolley Train (10 min estimated wait) LAME LAME LAME...I was hoping to get on the train that went through Circus McGurkus, but only one train goes there (LAME) and it wasn't running (LAME).
5:27p-OFF
5:37p-OUT of park (they close at 6...LAME)
5:50p-In the car, on the way to Downtown Disney...I just can't stay away!!! Did some shopping and extreme hunting, but to my dismay didn't find what I was looking for. Still depressed about it :(
Back to the house, and got a good long swim and soak in the hot tub and pool. Then went downtown Orlando to go to a club, but Dan couldn't get in because he was wearing shorts. They wouldn't let him take them off, either...Sonic Trip #2, then bed.

Overall, Disney is so much better than Universal Studios. More on top of their game, better guest service (I tested that), the rides are laid out better, with more accurate wait times, etc. Note to self: Future Orlando vacations, do Universal first. Still good, but in comparison, they lack.

Ride/Show Count: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment